Tuesday, May 10, 2011

CLOSE UP

Hi! Thank you to all the comments on my previous post, I truly appreciate all of it.

I did one layout yesterday night, the sketch is from Pretty Paper Petals but I am not entering their blog challenge since I don't have any of their Pretty Paper Petals product to use in my layout. The sketch is designed by Nadia Cannizzo for Pretty Paper Petals. The sketch:


My take for the above sketch. This time and may be the next time, I am trying hard not to sew the edges of my layout actually I am itching to sew the edges...

layout of my DD, Miss Z (a clean look layout for me)

I sew the edges of the 4R photo, I purposely let the machine run so that I don't have a straight lines of thread

same goes to the laces, I sewed using the black thread instead of pasting it using glue. I used 2 laces - white and soft green and the bottom one is muslim cloth twirled and sewed.

love the Donna Downey flower stamp and I mist the paper a little bit (can you see the muslim cloth which I twirled and sewed)

IRL, this layout has lots of dimensions


Thanks for looking and have a great week.

14 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Love how the stamping works with those beautiful blooms! Love the misting too...looks very artsy!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Yuzz...this layout is just so so so cute and i bet you had a lot of fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Layout Yuz... Shes cute...Awesome job on the stitching!! well done... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee the photos, the flowers and LOVING the burlap! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he can sure relate to the itch, HAVE to have some stitching somewhere too LOL! What a little dollie princess aweee! very pretty layout you created, love the stamping and the gorgeous blooms! take care sweetie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour pallette ..all rhyme. Crooked sewing rules nowadays, good job Yuzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thanks so much for letting me know about this. Well the truth is that when I posted the challenge i did say that you can use any other flowers...then when Vicky *the owner* re posted it it said that you dont need to. LOL! So how is that for confusion? I have forwarded your email to Vicky and we'll see what she decides...nbut anyway, this is such a gorgeous layout. I love your use of colours and flowers. LOVE the stitching by the way. THANK YOU SO MUCH for joining in and using the sketch! Take care, Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweeet!!!! love the layout and i sure do like the pic or ur dd too!! so adorable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! I might have to try that format out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Yuzz, this is indeed a beautiful work! Why did you decide not to sew the edges? I always love seeing sewn papers but this page is still stunning!! Happy Thursday, dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you should add it to the Mr Linky too anyway and if they don't accept it at least you tried! :)

    Lovely LO, love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really nice...good choice of colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. How artsy ! The way you skewed the block of photos is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write, your comment(s) brighten up my day!!!