Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Scrap-It-Lah, July 2010 Altered Challenge

Over at Scrap-It-Lah, their July challenge is to create an altered art. I have been working on this since last week. I did a couple of altered arts at home but end up to this fabric and felt album. I did this from scratch and I used cotton fabrics and felt cloths. It took me 3 hours to finish this album (I hope I am a pro so that it wont take me that long). Of course with the help of my Singer 7465 sewing machine, from the beginning until the end I make used of my Singer machine for this fabric and felt album. It was an inspiration from a dear friend Elizabeth (thanks to her), she is the inventor for Dear Lizzy, 52 more scrapbooking challenges and one of the many creative person that I came across.

Most of my cotton fabrics I've got came from Catberry and Mice by Debra Mason, Paradise Pareaus, Tradewind Tropicals, The Chef's Choice and many more by Robert Kaufman, Andover Fabrics, Jane Townswick and to name a few. Not forgetting in this cyber world with just one click of a button you could see a variety of cotton fabrics that you could choose from, or better still search for any old cotton fabrics at home, easier! Back to my diy: fabric and felt album, I used the nett cloth, a lot of buttons for embellishments, did my own flower, I used small white plastic pearl like chain and a blue beaded chain as an embellishments. This album is about 4" x 4.5 " and it is pretty small, my sister said it is look like a colourful purse. I placed all the photos randomly and in small sizes and I am happy with the result, presenting my 1st fabric and felt album:















I am sorry for the many photos, it is just that I am so excited to share this album with you. Thanks for dropping by!

14 comments:

  1. yuz, what a great album!!!!! love the colours you used here and the album is superrrr cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuz - this is 101% gorgeous. Thanks for participating and love your take on our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can make one for me ahhh?? since i'm lousy with tread n needle, what more a sewing machine!!! Hahaha..lol. Anyway great, great, great album!! Love the colour combo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifully done.sweet n precious!!!love it to the bits...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work my friend! You are so talented! It is such a beautiful album and a wonderful keepsake for you little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies, I had so much fun creating the album.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this alot.... very girly, and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. babe..this is sooo lovely...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is beautiful!! I love every pages you created!! Thanks for playing along at SIL :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuz, LOVE this album!! It's super super amazing!! I've never done a fabric album before and you're really inspiring me!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with SIL!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your favs. This is such a sweet little album with a gorgeous fabric cover. Now I'm so tempted to check out these fabric links, thinking of making pin cushions . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty mini! I LOVE it!!!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write, your comment(s) brighten up my day!!!