Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My altered book aka JOURNAL

I have started doing an altered book with the help of Altered Book Club. I joined this club last month and thanks to Elizabeth for all the e-mails, guidance and help. I have scribbled some of my pages, painted, scrap, punched, gesso, pasted, draw and all the techniques that I can remembered. I kind of like it but not gonna show you all the pages.

I remembered Elizabeth told me not to mess with your book covered until you have finished the whole altered book. For 2011 I think I will be using 2 or 3 thick old books to make my journal. For altered book you must use book that has thread bind not glue bind.

the first page of my journal

some of the pages, but as for now all these pages are full with embellishments, journals and whatever notions that I can add...

Here I am sharing with you the first page which I used texture paste to get the nice raisin effect and I colored randomly. I am not good in painting and mixing colours but who cares this is an art and I just love it. Lucky I have 70 over of Jo Sonja's acrylic tubes to choose from and not to forget my other acrylic paints too. Can't have enough and thanks to Kak Liza for the inspiration on texture paste and my fellow swap buddies for sharing an ideas every time we meet up.

6 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! That is BEAUTIFUL! I love love love the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cantek Yuz...looks like you're now an expert in 3D Texture paste. I loveee it, keep the artsy bug bugging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey beb..great page!!! I think i should start mine too...hhhhmmmm time..time..Yeah thanks kak liza, even though i have not tried it. I'm tempted but still no time to go n get one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colors and a real page turner (grin). Glad you started this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies, this journal as of today has been half way through with loads of yummy embellishments and I have scribbles a lots of things inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write, your comment(s) brighten up my day!!!