Wednesday, December 30, 2009

31st December 2009

The end of year 2009 is approaching, soon we shall say goodbye to 2009 and welcome 2010.

This also reminds us, in my family especially the day our beloved mother left us. She passed away on 31st December 2008, it has been a year now.

I lost my mother due to ovarian cancer, when I was 36 weeks pregnant with my 1st baby. It was so devastating as I am married for many years and when I was pregnant my mother are looking forward to see my baby. I gave birth on 12 January 2009, 12 days after my mother passed away. I am due on 5 February 2009 but as I am so down and stress I gave birth early. No mother around during my happy days as 1st time mother and only God knows how sad am I at that time even now. My mother suffered from cancer for almost 2 and a half years, 2 major operations was done, more than 20 cycles of chemotherapy and lots of medicines. It is heart wrenching to see she suffered from this. One after another operations and one after another chemotherapy. We was always with her when she is checked in the hospital, the hospital is like her 2nd home. Cancer is a common sickness in our family. My aunt is suffering from breast cancer, 2 of my relatives died of breast cancer. My mother’s brother died of lungs cancer and another brother of hers died of kidney cancer and my mother died of ovarian cancer.

To prevent this pap smear and full medical check up is a must for me every year. I have reminded all my siblings to do so.

Only God knows how much we miss her dearly. Things are not the same anymore without you!

Al-fatihah to our beloved mother.

1 comment:

  1. One never really recovers from the death of a loved one. You have to be strong and stay positive because you are now responsible for your own child. Though your mother and other relatives suffered in the last days of their lives, what's important is that you remember them at their best. Scrapbook those memories. It can be very healing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write, your comment(s) brighten up my day!!!