Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Altered box and tin

I altered a box and a tin yesterday night...

You know on my previous post I did an album for a friend, bought a box to fit the album unfortunately the box that I bought can't fit the album. I am kind of lazy to run to Daiso again, instead I found this empty box at home an I decided to use it for the album.

I coloured the box (top part) in white colour and stamped it with Donna Downey foam stamp and added some colours. First, I wanted to embellish the box to the max, but with aprons to work with, with my girl screaming for attention and so on...I opt to just do the simple one for this box. I hope this is fine.

the cover

side view

side view

and this one is an empty tin which has Christmas colored on it, I painted the tin in ivory colour (I used metal colour) and stamped some images. Simple and very straight forward, this tin will go to the new owner on Saturday. You gave me tin, I give you an altered tin ;)

all yummy, colourful, beautiful and cuddly

Lastly, this image of yarns is for Rosa. All these yarns...will be yours this Saturday!

and one more....these aprons will be with the new owner this Saturday, sewn with tender loving care by yours truly and I hope they like it.


Thank you for looking and will be visiting you soon.

16 comments:

  1. OMGosh, you stamped on the tin? That was fantastic!! The tin looks gorgeous!! I love it that you painted it white :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZERS on the altered tin my dear!!!...Flawless to me....Awesome!!...And YAY for the aprons... I'm sure they can't wait to be in the kitchen!!!....hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooweeee the apron looks good!!! Cant wait to wear it!!! Thanks a zillion beb! I love it to d max! Ooohhh i love the phrase of the altered tin!!! lol..yeah what u give is what u get!!! Hahaha...good one beb but still! The tin look gorgeous!!! Can i pass to u mine? to be altered? lol..juz kidding beb. See u soon! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwwwwww! That tin is AMAZING!!! The stamping you did is WOW WOW WOW!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT a brilliant idea lar!!!! macam bought from the vintage shop! take my hat off you clever girl ;)
    tfs...;)

    love
    jaz

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such an amazing job on the tin!!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea with the tin. I have one that I can't decide how to alter just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luv the altered tin! Nicely done. Ooooo, luv the yarns. Me likey! Can't wait to get it tis saturday. Am sure the 2 lovely ladies will luv their apron. Cheers. C ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG.....i love your altered tin! Super duper cool looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously the tin looks awesome, eventhough.... LOL, can't wait to see the apron.. Surely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must say that tin is spectacular! Love how stamping on it makes it look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!! so many projects you've hared there my dear!! :) love your altered tin! simple tech and gorgeous outcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative! I should definitely try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your altering is just so beautiful! Love what you did to the tin and te album cover is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! All

    Thank you so much for the lovely comments, you really make my day!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write, your comment(s) brighten up my day!!!