Monday, August 9, 2010

Fabric Album Class with Rosa

PLEASE NOTE IN THIS ENTRY, I AM EXPRESSING MY THOUGHT ON THE FABRIC/MATERIAL BUT NOT ON ROSA. TUTORIAL, TIPS, IDEAS AND ROSA ITSELF WAS GREAT, PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG.

yours truly with Professor Liza Norman, Rosa and Elaine

yours truly with hot mama - Mariam (the pronunciation - remember!!!)

yours truly with Elaine and Professor Liza Norman

finally, yours truly with Rosa

It was a fun Saturday for me with all the ladies/fellow scrappers. The class was full of laughter, jokes, talking and a lot of stories was shared - not forgetting we shared ideas too. After our class we head for a group lunch, some of us have to leave early so it was seven of us having lunch together after which we shopped too (it is a therapy) remember!

I enjoyed the class so much, fun class, fun scrappers, fun teacher, we as a student on the other hand "always have something" to object, asked or talked while Rosa was teaching. Rosa was patient with all of us as she keeps on saying..."listen girls, I am not going to repeat this again".

All of us brought our own slice machine, our own slice magnetic mat, tools and etc. As this time our fabric album will be embellished with a fabric embellishments, hence it is totally 100% fabric.
The only thing I was not satisfied is the fabric given, it was not a kind of fabric that we all thought we will be getting and this fabric album definitely will not stands up among the rest of the albums I have in my collections. If we was given a 100% cotton fabric, like the one I have (please refer to my previous entries on my fabric album and 100% cotton fabrics) we will not be making so much of noise in the class. For the amount we paid, I think we deserved to get an imported 100% cotton fabric OK! To my readers (banyak ke?) my apologies if my writing above is so vocal to any of you, I am just expressing my thought.

The teacher/Rosa was great but the material given was not! I want to elaborate further but lets drop this topic and as a lesson to myself - I will be more careful in the future when choosing my class.

However, when I arrived home on Saturday I straight away head to my little studio and I am done with the fabric album. Thanks to Rosa for the tutorial given.

I managed to snap few photos with the ladies but not all, Kak Ame, Kak Fadhilah I missed you this time! I would like to share with all of you, Rosa's fabric album, below are the pictures.







*my apologies for the photo quality, I used my old camera.

Have a great week ahead and happy scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yuz. Thanks for joining my class. With regards to the fabric, it was not my call / choice. I was given only 2 types of fabric to create the album. It was a challenging task, but it helps me to think outside the box.

    What and how am I suppose to do with the album, to complete the whole album with only 2 types of fabric & to embelish it as well. It was challenging indeed.

    So I make do with what was provided and I included a few techniques on how to enhance the album. The lesson for the day "Even if you are stuck with limited choice of fabric/items, you can still work with it & add a little creativity to enhance it". Let your creativity flow...

    However, I do hope the techniques & tips that I gave during my class would benefit you. Have a nice day & hope to see you again.

    Cheers.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Kak Rosa
    Thanks for the tutorial given and we totally understand about the fabric as you have explained to me before the class started. We had a chat over the phone remember and hoping to see you again. Hugs, Yuz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write, your comment(s) brighten up my day!!!